Sunday, January 11, 2009

Moving on

Lost my job on Thursday.
Yap - pull the lever, crank up the stats - I switched teams. From head coach to water-boy in less than a "bim bam, thank you Mam". Reached the corner bend, you know the one. The corner around which lies the greatest economic crisis since something or rather. The corner that comes after the bubble.

I figured there can't be a better time to launder some words; rehash some ideas that the next-door blog has already beat to death in a language I can't even read. And in a while or so the Google "machine" will scoop them up, words and ideas, compress, index and cache. And in a Google cluster of 100,000 commodity machines, my commodity words will be stored on a commodity hard disk. Our friendly neighborhood GFS will make sure to replicate this babble-gabble on at least another commodity disk. For safe-keeping, you know.

But hey, 'Movin on' is the title of this feverish gibberish, right? So let's get going. I'll start by making a list. A Prioritized List (ooh!) - what's to do, and what comes first. When you don't know what to do - make a list. Worst case, you'll put it in your pocket.
And I've got the first item all planned out: I'll measure how long it will take Googie to find this post - this should fill my schedule for the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment